The consultation is the first time you and your trainer will meet. It is vital that both parties are 100% happy with each other, as this could be the start of long and important relationship.
When we meet we go through:
- An Exercise and Health Status questionnaire
- Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire
- Current nutritional habits
- Static Tests (which will include blood pressure, lung function, body fat %)
- Short and long term goal setting
- Set an Action Plan
This is also an opportunity for you to ask as many questions as you like, so that when the consultation is over you feel totally confident and know what to expect.
The next time you meet you trainer it will be for your first session and this is where an evaluation of your fitness is done. Dependant on your goals will depend on the type of tests done; this could include cardio vascular, strength, power or flexibility tests.
After all the relevant information is gathered then your programme is tailored to you and then this is when the fun starts!